RSVP Philadelphia is an organization dedicated to bringing together volunteers ages 55+ and non-profit agencies to meet needs throughout the community. In Philadelphia, KleinLife serves as the leading RSVP sponsor that coordinates volunteer opportunities throughout the city.
The following services are just several examples of how volunteers can fill an important need within the community:
- Cook and prepare meals for the homebound elderly with Cook For a Friend
- Drivers to deliver meals to the homebound elderly with Cook For a Friend
- Tutors/reading coaches in elementary schools
- Work with the Art Goes to School program, an art appreciation program for young children
- Advocate on behalf of victims of crime
- Computer literate volunteers to work with The Benefit Bank Program and other computer programs
- Friendly visitors in nursing homes, rehab centers and hospitals
- Guides in museums, historic sites, arts and cultural centers
- Special event volunteers
- Clerical volunteers
For more information, contact Sue Aistrop at 267-345-7787 or [email protected].
RSVP Philadelphia is funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service, sponsored by the KleinLife with support from the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging and the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia and is operated on a nonsectarian basis.