Heart to Heart
Heart to Heart’s mission is to assist and support vulnerable Jewish families with compassion and respect in making positive life changes to enhance their quality of life.
Are you, or is someone you know struggling emotionally, physically, or financially? Have you lost your job? Are you having difficulty making ends meet? Have you been experiencing hardship or other life changes? Are you struggling to put food on the table? If you are under the age of 60 and are motivated to improve your circumstances with help and support, contact us now for more information. Heart to Heart may be able to help.
What we do:
- Help you plan for success by setting goals and monitoring progress
- Assist with access to nutritious, affordable food
- Learn how to manage stress and relationships
- Facilitate connections to additional community resources
- Provide opportunities for emotional, physical, and financial health with seminars and workshops.
For more information, contact Karen Gurmankin, MSW, Program Director at 215-698-7300 x135 or [email protected].
Click here to learn more.
Click here and LIKE us on Facebook.
Heart to Heart at KleinLife is generously supported by the Schwartz Foundation.
Members of the community can participate in several ways:
- Adopting a family for the holidays and fulfilling items on the family’s wish list (the donor will be provided with a vignette about the family they would be assisting – all information is kept anonymous and confidential for both the family and the donor)
- Purchasing gift cards to stores such as Target, Amazon, Shop Rite, Giant (etc.) to be distributed to the families
- Providing a monetary donation to the order of Heart to Heart, which will be utilized to purchase remaining wish list items for the families in need
Heart to Heart Adopt-A-Family wish list coming soon!
This will be a great opportunity for a “tzedakah” (charity) project for individuals, agencies (team-building), and families with children – teaching the importance and joy of giving back to the community and helping those less fortunate. Donations are tax-deductible.