Due to COVID-19, KleinLife has ceased its senior center operations, but our Home Delivered Meals program is still operating and continues to be an essential need for our homebound seniors.
Many of our daily participants who attended the congregant meal program are signing on for home delivery on top of our regular clients. We are in desperate need of delivery drivers.
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, and every Tuesday during the crisis, we are asking for volunteers to help us deliver two week’s worth of meals to over 600 senior clients.
Your safety is just as important to us as our seniors. To reduce exposure:
- Volunteers will come on a specific time schedule (coordinated by phone, text or email), so we can avoid everyone coming at once
- Volunteers will call when they arrive at KleinLife: Northeast Philadelphia’s parking lot
- Staff will bring latex gloves, packed meals, and routes outside by our loading dock area where volunteers will have the ability to load meals into their cars with no contact.
- After delivery, emptied freezer bags will be dropped off at KleinLife and left on the loading dock.
To volunteer, please contact John Eskate at [email protected].
Note: If you are over 65, have any medical conditions, or have any symptoms, please don’t volunteer.
Here’s your chance to show you care! There are no requirements to be a volunteer, just a desire to share some of your valuable time and energy with others. Our volunteers are a valuable part of the team and we couldn’t provide the same high-quality services without people like you, who contribute and donate their time, energy and talents. Here are just a few ways to become a KleinLife volunteer.
- Culinary Crew
- Data Entry
- Special Events Planning
- Golden Hands & Jewelry Sales People
- Computer Educators
- Lighting/Sound Theater Volunteer
Students looking for community service credit can complete them at KleinLife. With access to work that needs help, but also makes you feel like you’ve made a difference in your community, the possibilities are endless!
Trying to build your resume AND gain college credit? KleinLife has the opportunity for you to do so! With available openings in:
- Social Work
- Customer Service
- Program Planning
- Food Preparation
For more information, contact Harrison Rothbaum at 215-698-7300 x191