RSVP Philadelphia is an organization dedicated to bringing together volunteers ages 55+ and non-profit agencies to meet needs throughout the community. In Philadelphia, KleinLife serves as the leading RSVP sponsor that coordinates volunteer opportunities throughout the city.
The following services are just several examples of how volunteers can fill an important need within the community:
- Cook and prepare meals for the homebound elderly with Cook For a Friend
- Drivers to deliver meals to the homebound elderly with Cook For a Friend
- Tutors/reading coaches in elementary schools
- Work with the Art Goes to School program, an art appreciation program for young children
- Advocate on behalf of victims of crime
- Computer literate volunteers to work with The Benefit Bank Program and other computer programs
- Friendly visitors in nursing homes, rehab centers and hospitals
- Guides in museums, historic sites, arts and cultural centers
- Special event volunteers
- Clerical volunteers
COMMUNITY GIVING DAY • THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18
Thank you to everyone who participated and although Community Giving Day has ended, you can still support Home Delivered Meals by volunteering and/or donating. Contact Harrison Rothbaum at 215-698-7300 x191 to stay connected with Meals on Wheels and give back to older Americans in our community.